Loading... Please wait...
◇  嘉兴英语网 >> 视听中心 >> 美文欣赏 >> 正文:The More Loving One 让我们成为更有爱心的人
The More Loving One 让我们成为更有爱心的人
| 文章作者:佚名 | 文章来源:旺旺英语 | 文章录入:henry | 更新时间:2007-2-14 | 字体: |

--W.H.Auden/W.H.奥登

Looking up at the stars, I know quite well 仰望群星的时分,我一清二楚,

That, for all they care, I can go to hell, 尽管它们关怀备至,我亦有可能赴地府,

But on earth indifference is the least 可是尘世间我们丝毫不必畏惧

We have to dread from man or beast. 人类或禽兽的那份冷漠。

How should we like it were stars to burn 倘若群星燃烧着关怀我们的激情,

With a passion for us we could not return? 我们却无法回报,我们作何感想?

If equal affection cannot be, 倘若无法产生同样的感情,

Let the more loving one be me. 让我成为更有爱心的人。

Admirer as I think I am 尽管我自视为群星的崇拜者,

Of stars that do not give a damn, 它们满不在乎,

I cannot, now I see them ,say 现在我看群星,我却难以启齿,

I missed one terribly all day. 说我成天思念一颗星星。

Were all stars to disappear or die 倘若所有的星星消失或者消亡,

I should learn to look at an empty sky 我应该学会仰望空荡的天空,

And feel its total dark sublime, 同时感受天空一片漆黑的崇高,

Though this might take me a little time. 虽然这样可能要花费一点时间。

数据载入中……
| 会员注册 | 会员登录 | 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 联系站长 | 友情链接 | 版权申明 |
版权所有 Copyright© 2006 嘉兴英语网 飞扬网络工作室 []
| 站长:随心飞扬 | 信箱:jxenglish2006#163.com |
本站所有信息仅供参考,本站不保证其准确性,及时性及完整性,请使用者自行斟酌决定。
本站所提供的所有信息仅供学校课堂教学及英语学习者学习研究之用,其著作权归原作者及媒体所有。